Friday, March 8, 2019

Mardi Gras Mambo

Im back,

 February seemed as if it flew by and honestly was a very low key month for me, besides Mardi Gras. It is basically the biggest celebration the city of New Orleans offers. People from all over the world fly in to partake in floats riding down St. Charles Ave. and hopefully catching some beads. New Orleans always finds a reason to party. Mardi Gras last about a week and a half and ends on Mardi Gras day, which is always the day before ash Wednesday. Mardi Gras is actually a French word meaning "Fat Tuesday", and it marks the beginning of Lenten season. I'm glad that all of my classmates from other states and counties got to experience this very unique celebration. I also learned a lot this month from my Masters program. We knocked out the Psychology Block which was very interesting because in short term "a healthy mind is a healthy body". I also presented a few research articles to the class. In Endocrine Pharmacology I talked about the male reproductive system, which to say the least was very interesting. In Neuropharmacology I talked about a novel new drug called NFEPP, which acts on the opioid receptor and produces analgesic effects without producing the typical central nervous system side effect such as respiratory depression. Next week I have another presentation for the class, and I think I am going to do it on the recently (2 days ago) FDA approved use of intranasal ketamine in patients with depression. Two weeks after that I have my cumulative exam covering every drug that I have studied since I started the program last year and to be honestly I am very nervous. Knowledge is Power.

Until next time,


# of Service Hours: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's All Folks

For everyone who has been following my blog, this is it. I took my last every test at Tulane on Monday. Graduation is in 18 days, and I coul...