Sunday, September 30, 2018

A Day In The Life Of A Student


Nobody said it was going to be easy. Since undergrad at LSU it has been a constant grind of studying, working, and volunteering. Now that September is coming to an end I get to reflect on my first month of graduate school at Tulane University. The program I am currently enrolled in is a Masters of Science in Pharmacology. Going into this program I only knew 1 out of the 33 people enrolled in the class. Over the past month, I have made 32 new friends, learned an exorbitant amount of new information relating to the medical field, and have listened to some of the brightest people speak on their current research they are doing in their lab in hopes to modify and progress the future of Pharmacology. Some of the interesting topics I have studied in this program include: pharmacokinetics, eicosanoids, corticosteroids, drug disposition, and my personal favorite, cytochrome P450. All of these amazing things have happened in the classroom setting at Tulane’s School of Medicine in downtown New Orleans. With the block 1 exam under my belt and still so much information to learn, I am looking forward to see what other incredible things I experience in this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's All Folks

For everyone who has been following my blog, this is it. I took my last every test at Tulane on Monday. Graduation is in 18 days, and I coul...