Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween Y'all

It's Halloween! Kids are running around and screaming "Trick-orTreat"! It's a fun time for everybody. This year, I spent my Halloween with my family and my new nephew. We handed out candy to all of the kids in the neighborhood.


I spent a lot of my free time this month volunteering with a few different organization, including Bridge Hospice, bingo at the Southern Yacht Club, and the United Negro College Fund walk for education. During my high school career at Brother Martin I participated in Track and Cross Country so I felt the most connected with the walk for education. For this event in Audubon Park, I got there early in the morning to help set up the tents and stages. I also helped hand out water and glucose to runners that participated in the event. At the end, I got to the call out the names of the top 3 finishers for both men and women. Finally, we packed everything up and the walk for education was over before I knew it.

A big shout out to Dillard and Xavier University who by far had the most people participating in the event. I am looking forward to all the other opportunities I will receive while I am earning my masters degree from Tulane. This Saturday I will be in Baton Rouge cheering on the Tigers as they play the #1 ranked team, University of Alabama. Stay tuned and Geaux Tigers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's All Folks

For everyone who has been following my blog, this is it. I took my last every test at Tulane on Monday. Graduation is in 18 days, and I coul...